Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Lesson During Physical Unrest


Tonight I want to share something with you that probably the most important part of my relationship with God throughout my walk.  It is the peace and calm that I receive from Him. Tonight I am talking about a specific instance.

Tomorrow I have a doctor’s appointment.  My body has not been acting normal and there just seems to be something “off.”  With the way my body has been I’ve been nervous, frustrated and just uneasy.  I wasn’t getting answers to the issues and it was making me upset.  Now, on the eve of meeting a new doctor with whom I will have a laundry list of things to “check out”, I have such an incredible peace that I’m not even worried.  The ironic part is that my body has been acting even more strange these past couple of days than it has in the past few weeks but the difference is, I’m mentally (or should I say spiritually) ok. 

I know that no matter what happens at this appointment that God will be by my side throughout the unknown.  I believe in God’s healing touch and awesome power.  I believe He is the great physician.  I believe in the skills and talents that God has given people to use to help others.  I know that God has put people in my life as support. 

Please don’t misunderstand, I’m not expecting to come out of this with some type of morbid diagnosis but what I am saying is that for the first time in approximately three months, I am confident in the path that God is guiding me on medically.   Whatever process I will need to go through to figure out or learn about what is going on, I’m willing to do it.

If for some reason there is something seriously wrong, I want you all to know that I am willing to fight this battle fully suited in the armor of God.  I want you to know that I have been continually praying and seeking the Lord’s will in my life – no matter what the circumstances.  I also want you to know that in my journey through my life there are going to be moments where I seem weak, at those moments I ask that you pray with me.  I ask that you pray that my walk, no matter what I am going through, always honors my Lord and Savior. 

For anyone that may be going through a dark or confusing time physically, I am praying for you.  My heart goes out to anyone suffering from any uncertainty with your health.  If you need prayer, please don’t hesitate to send me a message or note.  I will pray for you.  I know how it feels to have something strange going on but I also know what it is to have God whispering, “I will take care of you.  Trust me.” I want to help you get that peace.

Dear God, I want to take a moment to say thank you for giving me the strength and abilities you have during my lifetime.  I pray that I use them to glorify you and your word.  If for some reason they ever get taken away, I pray that you still use me for your glory and to relay your message.  Father, I lift up my physical issues to you right now and say thank you for this lesson.  Thank you for teaching me in times of uncertainty to depend on you.  Thank you for giving me a peace because I know I can truly trust in your plan, your ability and your will for my life.  In your name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment