Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Christian Man - An Anniversary Reflection


Anniversary – the meaning of it all

Today my husband and I celebrated our one-year anniversary.  We celebrated by going to the first round of the 2012 Masters tournament in Augusta, GA.  Thanks to work for a fun way to spend the day.  It was a beautiful, sunny, southern day.   

As the day came to a close I had to get back into the swing of work before he even left my side.  It was unfortunate that the end of our anniversary wasn’t spent lovingly in each others arms (we’re married, I can say that :))– it was spent at a McDonald's near the bus station.  It was a wonderful day but at the end of it all, it got me thinking about the meaning of an anniversary.  It lead to some reflection on the past year.  I know that God has blessed me with such an incredible man.  I used today to look at him and the man he has become just in this past year. 

Ladies, when God says that the man is supposed to be the head of the household – he means it.  Also, if you pray for your husband or future husband to become the spiritual head of the household, have faith!  God is a good and gracious God who answers prayers.  At church on Sunday I heard the Pastor say, “We pray prayers to God and when he answers them we say ‘Unbelievable! I can’t believe he answered that prayer!’”  In our very beings we doubt God’s ability to answer the very prayers we pray! 

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks the door will be opened."

Matthew 21:22 "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." 

1 John 5:14-15 "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.  And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him."

All my life I have prayed for a man that would take up his cross and lead our family.  I now have that man! I really say this to give you hopes that God can do wonderful things and great work within a short time period.  I am not saying that my husband was not a good Christian before, he was.  Now he is just an even better and more motivated Son of God! 

The next time you look at your husband, I challenge you to look at him through God’s eyes.  Try to see the incredible work of art that God is constantly changing and evolving in front of your eyes.  Remember how lucky you are to be a part of this man’s life and remember what a blessing he is to yours.  My prayer is not that women just see their men as their own but my prayer is that women see “their” men as gifts from God, on loan.  On loan for the duration of our lives on this earth – til death do you part.  See the incredible person that God has been, and is, creating for you and don’t take it for granted.  Remember that he is not only molding this man to be more like him on this earth, he is molding this man for an eternity in Heaven!!  What a powerful thought?!

Praise God for honorable, courageous, humble Christian men. I love you babe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment