Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Daniel Fast Day 1 (DFD1) 1/8/13

What I am struggling with:

Spiritually: I want God to be glorified so bad throughout our journey but I am stuck on the fact that I feel like He will only be glorified if in fact we do get pregnant.  I need to remember that He needs to be glorified no matter what His will is for our family.

Physically: I haven't had coffee during the week in such a long time and it hasn't effected me at all while I've been on my fertility diet.  Now that I am on the fast, the very first day I am struggling with a lack of sleep and being so tired.  It is my hope that I can pray my way through this day and find the energy I need.

Mentally: Last year's Daniel fast I experienced compassion fatigue and I am pretty sure the same thing will happen again this year, however, I want to focus on how to renew my spirit and also support my husband through his DF journey.

Also, I am waiting to hear test results from the Dr. and I am struggling to remind myself that being measured according to a standard of this world is not my true worth.  My hope is in Christ and He has made me perfectly in His image.  

Bible verses that I've come across today, whether they were sent to me or I looked them up:
Jeremiah 29:13
"And you will seek me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."

Amos 5:14-15
Do what is good and run from evil so that you may live!  Then the Lord God of Heaven's Armies will be your helper, just as you have claimed.  Hate evil and love what is good; turn your courts into true halls of justice.  Perhaps even yet the Lord God of Heaven's Armies will have mercy on the remnant of his people.

Isaiah 45:3
I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name.

Isaiah 40:29
He gives power to the tired and worn out, and strength to the weak.

Psalm 40:1 
I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry.

Proverbs 15:22
Plans go wrong with too few counselors; many counselors bring success.

I Thessalonians 5:11
Encourage each other and give each other strength.

Psalm 107:13-14
Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.  He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom and broke away their chains.

Psalm 40:1
He turned to me.

Psalm 56:8
You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle.  You have recorded each one in your book.

Philippians 1:6
And I am sure that God who began the good work within you will keep right on helping you grow in his grace until his task within you is finally finished on that day when Jesus Christ returns.

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Goal for the day: 
My goal is to focus on the constant presence of God in my life, whether it is by my choice or by divine influence.  I want to notice the faith intricacies of my day to day.  Honestly, today my focus seems a bit selfish but I know that God will reveal things to me that need my spiritual attention.  I want God.  I want to draw closer to Him and I want to stop letting my circumstances define my intimacy with Christ.

Prayer:

Dear God, on this first day of the Daniel fast I ask that you keep me focused on the true purpose of this fast.  I ask that I not focus on the physical aspects of going through the fast but rather focus on the spiritual aspects.  I ask that you give me the strength and encouragement to minister to others and be present for them in their times of needs.  Lord, I ask that I seek and you bring people who need you love during this time.  I also ask that you bring Jake closer to you and as a result bring us closer as husband and wife.  Thank you for the blessings in our life.  May you be near to those that are fasting and remind them of your awesome power and presence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment