Tuesday, January 22, 2013

DFD15 (1/22/13)

Where I am at:
Spiritually: I feel so focused on God's presence right now.  I just can't get enough of Him.  While I was trying to think about whether or not I had one specific goal in mind for this fast, two things came to mind: first, Jake and I are both praying that God blesses us with a baby in His timing and continues to improve my numbers physically and second, and more importantly, I have been really praying that Jake and I will get to a place where we are a unified spiritual front when we bring a child into the world.  I want to focus as much as possible on God's plans for Jake and I as husband and wife and as parents someday.  It is important to me that when we have kids they see that we serve Jesus Christ above all else.

Physically:
We are in the home stretch of this!  Only 6 more days left until we break fast.  I keep thinking that while I may enjoy an indulgence here and there, I really enjoy feeling so healthy.  I would like to make an effort to continue to treat my body this way and keep health at the front of my mind.

Mentally:
As I said before, I just can't seem to get enough of Christ.  Part of me feels like I could have done better, I could have sought God more during this fast.  I could have focused on prayer and devotional time better.  Since I am feeling that way, I really want to make these last 6 days count.

Bible Verses:
Philippians 4:8 Think about the things that are good and worthy of praise.  Think about the things that are true and honorable and right and pure and beautiful and respected.

Proverbs 23:7 For as he thinks within himself, so he is.

Matthew 7:7-8
Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for.  Keep on seeking and you will find.  Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives.  Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

Ephesians 1:17-18
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what re the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,

Goal:
I want to spend more time in the word.  I want to continually lift up my marriage in prayer and I want to give Christ my full attention.  I want to seek Him wholeheartedly.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, today I lift up family and friends that need a healing touch on their lives.  You know what their needs are and you can meet them where they are at.  Father, I lift up my husband to you.  I pray that you continue to mold him and shape him into the man of God you have called him to be.  Lord, may he and I be a unified spiritual front in our marriage.  When we bring children into the world, may be examples of your love, grace and mercy.  Father, bring us closer to you through this fast and closer to one another.  We long to honor and serve you.  Thank you for giving us this fast to do together.  Thank you for the experience it is giving us.  Father, I pray that I seek you more and more.  As I read your word, may the words that I need to hear and apply to my life jump out at me.  Help me to be better.  In your name I pray, amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment