Thursday, January 24, 2013

DFD17 (1/24/13)

Where I am at:
Spiritually: My heart is hurting for my older brother.  I know that he is struggling with a lot right now and I just pray that God continues to seek him.  I also pray that he seeks God. 

Physically: I am looking forward to eating normal food again.

Mentally: Jake is sick so I am trying to stay on top of at home tasks so that he can rest and I want to be a good wife and be able to serve him lovingly while he isn't feeling well.  My mind is moving 100 miles a minute thinking about fertility stuff and I'm getting down to the wire to make sure all things at work are in order before I leave for my vacation one week from tomorrow.  Needless to say, I need to remember God's provision, grace, healing, and love during this next week.

Bible Verses:
Galatians 6:1
Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path.  And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself.

1 Peter 4:12-13
Do not be surprised at the painful things you are now suffering.  These things are testing your faith.

Focus:
Today I want to spend the day praying for my family members.  Although I may not get to speak with all of them every day, I know that praying for them is the best thing I can offer.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, today I lift up each of my family members.  Lord you know them by name and you know where they are at in their spiritual walk.  Father, I pray that you meet them where they are and that they have open hearts to your pursuit.  I pray that you speak your will into their life and provide them guidance.  Father, thank you for blessing all of us with one another.  I pray that you give a healing touch and self control to those who need it.  Thank you for loving all of us while we are still sinners.  It is in your awesome and powerful name I pray, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment