Wednesday, January 16, 2013

DFD9 (1/16/13)

Where I am at:
Spiritually: Today is a quiet day for me.  I haven't heard God tell me anything in particular he wants me to focus on.  A song that came on my ipod this morning during my drive was Peace Be Still.  I'm going to take that as my cue to have a day just being still in God's presence on focusing solely on my personal relationship with him.  We'll call it a little bit of one on one time.

Physically: I have been making an effort to work out when I get home from work and I really am beginning to enjoy it.  I heard on Moody Radio yesterday that treating your body as a temple is not only about what you put into it, but it is also about using the abilities God has given you to keep your body in shape to serve God.  I'll admit that my motivations in this are not purely holy but I also enjoy feeling good and confident in my skin.  It makes a difference in a lot of areas of my life.

Mentally:  Today is the most hectic day of my month and it always take a lot of patience.  Mentally, I am ready to handle the tasks at hand and focus again on the quiet faith intricacies of my daily life.

Bible Verses:
Galatians 5:16
So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives.  Then you won't be doing what your sinful nature craves.

Deuteronomy 1:35-36
When the Lord heard your complaining, he became very angry.  So he solemnly swore, 'Not one of you from this wicked generation will live to see the good land I swore to give your ancestors, except Caleb son of Jephunneh.  He will see this land because he has followed the Lord completely.  I will give to him and his descendants some of the very land he explored during his scouting mission.'

Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again: rejoice!

Focus:
Being still with God.  I want to focus on His presence in my personal life.  I want to focus on intimacy with my savior.  I want to savor the silence of God.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, I ask today that you help me to focus on listening to your whispers.  Help me to see the examples of you in my life.  Help me to focus on my tasks at hand and serve you throughout.  Thank you for your silence and calm.  May I be calm and at peace in your presence today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment