Monday, January 21, 2013

DFD14 (1/21/13)

Where I am at:
Spiritually: Today I feel just incredibly blessed by all of the things and people God has brought in to my life.  I'm also incredibly humbled that God thinks that a sinner and broken human like me deserves all of these wonderful things.  What an honor it is to know that He trusts me with these things and He is willing to share them with me while I am here in this life on earth.  It makes me want to be better.  It makes me aspire for something greater.  He has surrounded me with such inspiring people that it is impossible for me to not want to grow in Him and who He wants me to be.

Physically:
This weekend Jake and I faced a lot of temptations but it is awesome that God provided "ways out" and the self-control to withstand them.  Now that we are over halfway done with the fact it is such incredible motivation to just honor God and follow through.  I find it so interesting that when you fast your senses seem to be heightened to the Holy Spirit.  Not only am I continually seeking God for self control and will power, I am also seeking His guidance and can hear His whispers.  When you are physically wanting more of God it is such an experience.

Mentally:
I really want this last week of the fast to be focused on just seeking God.  This year I haven't had any big epiphany as to what God wants for me but I am enjoying just being in His presence.  Instead of asking God for things, I am praying that I can live with my hands open.  Open to whatever He may bring and open to whatever He may take away.  I don't want to cling to the things of this world but rather I want to lift my hands in submission to what He wants for my life.

Bible Verses:
Galatians 6:7-8
Don't be misled--you can not mock the justice of God.  You will always harvest what you plant.  Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature.  But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit.     

Goal:
I want to spend more time in the word this week than I have been.  I want to let God's word speak into my life and I want to draw nearer to my Savior.

Prayer:
Father, today I am praying simply to say thank you.  I don't want to ask you for anything because I know you have plenty cares for the day already.  I just want you to know that as your child I am so humbled and blessed by your grace and care for my life.  Thank you for breathing life into me each morning and thank you for surrounding me with wonderful people.  May I always see you in the faces of those that surround me and Lord, for those that are seeking, may I be an example of your love.  In your name I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment