Wednesday, January 23, 2013

DFD16 (1/23/13)

Where I am at:
Spiritually:  Honestly, I haven't quite figured out what my spiritual focus is today other than God, but that is obvious.  I think today is a day that I am going to enjoy the stillness of God again and rest in His calm.

Physically: We are beginning to run out of Daniel Fast friendly food at our house so these last couple of days are getting to be redundant.  Each day we get closer to breaking the fast I get more and more excited.  Also, Jake is sick today and I am hoping that I don't get what he has.  I'm praying for a quick recovery for him.

Mentally: I'm tired and since yesterday was the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, it has been breaking my heart how many millions of babies and how many millions of women have been affected by it.  Luckily, I know all of those babies are up in heaven enjoying the daily presence of God. I pray that those women receive healing and restoration after the death of their babies.

Bible Verses:
James 1:5
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you.  He will not rebuke you for asking.

Philippians 2:14
Do everything without grumbling and arguing.

Exodus 16:8
Moses also said, "You will know that it was the Lord when he gives you meat to eat in the evening and all the bread you want in the morning, because he has heard your grumbling against him.  Who are we? You are not grumbling against us, but against the Lord."

Goal:  I want to continue to believe in God's healing power, not only for Jake but for so many others struggling with such greater sickness in their bodies.  I also want to seek God's word for my life.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, I come to you today tired and weary but filled with anticipation.  Father, I know you are doing great healing works in the lives on my friends.  I pray that you touch Jake's body with a healing touch today and help him to feel rested and renewed.  Lord, thank you for his drive and work ethic but today I pray that he rests.  I pray that he rests in your healing power and draws strength from you.  Father, I also ask that you speak into my life today in whatever ways I need to hear you.  Thank you for our ability to go on this fast and the money to spend on the specific Daniel Fast food.  Thank you for the mundane tasks that I get to do every day and those that I don't usually thank you for.  I appreciate your blessings and hope I always honor you with them.  In your name I pray, amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment