Monday, January 14, 2013

DFD7 (1/14/13)

Where I am at:
Spiritually: Lately the Devil has really been preying on my insecurities and just my past life experiences.  He has been trying to convince me that I am weak, incapable, and selfish.  He realizes my nerves are exposed right now and is using that to his advantage.  I've been really praying through these lies and I've asked my husband to pray through them with me.  By being open with him about what I am struggling with him, it helps him to know what I need prayer for.

I've also struggled a lot with coveting other people's things this weekend and jealousy.  The devil has been tempting me by waving other people's things in my face and trying to distract me from all of my true blessings and worth in Heaven.  Again, it's been another thing I am praying about continually but I know that God is present and working in my life in His own ways.

So far this fast has been interesting because last year I felt myself serving others so much more and focusing on their spiritual walk and helping them but this year, I am seeing parts of my own walk that really need refining.  I'm grateful that God is exposing the impurities and helping me renew my spirit.  

Physically: I feel very good.  My energy levels are in a good place.

Mentally: I want to focus on the fruits of the spirit instead of letting the Devil get to me.
(Love, joy peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control)

Bible verses I've come across today:

I John 4:20-21
If someone says, "I love God," but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is a liar; for if we don't love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see?  And he has given us this command: Those who love God must also love their Christian brothers and sisters.

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  Against such things there is no law.

Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet without sin.

Genesis 16:13
The God who sees me.

Proverbs 14:30
A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but envy makes the bones rot.

Hebrews 13:5b
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'

Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Leviticus 19:17a, 18
You shall not hate your brother in your heart ... You should not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself I am the Lord.

Goal for the day:
Focus on the blessings and positive relationship I have in my life.  Pray about the relationships that I am struggling with and people that I am not getting along with.  I want to focus on changing me instead of asking God to "change" others.  My relationship with Christ is my priority, nothing else.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, only you truly know what I am struggling with in my heart today.  I feel worn out and beaten down by things the Devil is trying to tell me.  I know that there are "friendships" in my life that I am not giving to sincerely and I want to work on that.  Help me to release any feelings of hurt or resentment toward those people and move forward in loving them with your grace and guidance.  Father I pray for those people that I don't get along with and I pray that you bless them.  Help me to release these feelings of inadequacy and comparison.  I pray that I remember that my true worth and value lies in you and my relationship with you alone.  May this day be spiritually productive and honor you.  In your name I pray, amen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment