Friday, January 11, 2013

DFD4 1/11/13

Where I am at:

Spiritually:
I feel so good this morning.  While I know that there are a lot of people that need prayer and people have sought me out for prayer, spiritually I feel very much at peace and encouraged.  It is especially encouraging to hear from people out of the blue that tell me they are praying for Jake and I.  How amazing is it that God lays us on other people's hearts to help us in our spiritual journey?  He truly is amazing.

Physically:
Today I am trying my best not to worry about my appearance.  Something that does not help this cause is the fact that we are going on vacation in 21 days so I feel pressure to "be in shape."  However, I am feeling very healthy and am grateful to be during this crazy flu outbreak.  I'm focusing on my health rather than my "shape."  :)

God speaks to us in so many different ways, five minutes ago I wrote what I am struggling with physically, which it probably should be put in the mental category but regardless, and this is what my devotional said this morning:
   "We live in a competitive world.  The pressures to be thin, beautiful, fit, smart, sexy, funny, rich, and popular trap us in a relentless vise-grip...Feelings of inadequacy and inferiority ravage hearts of Christians and non-Christians alike.  When we get caught in the trap of striving to measure up, we focus on ourselves.  That was never God's plan.  God longs for our obsession to be Him."  Amen!!

Mentally: 
I know that there are a lot of people that need prayer right now so my focus has been to pray for others as much as possible.   I am staying positive and optimistic because I know that the Devil gets us in our weakness and while we are discouraged.  I want to focus on helping others.

Bible Verses I've come across:

Psalm 118:5-6
In my distress I prayed to the Lord, and the Lord answered and set me free.  The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear.  What can mere people do to me?

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

Romans 12:2a
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. 

Isaiah 42:8
I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.

Goal for the day:
To focus on my physical blessings.  To remember that my value and purpose are in Jesus Christ.  To support others struggling in their walk with God.  To encourage those who need it.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, today I want to say thank you.  First for the many people that you have praying for Jake and I.  I am so touched at your thoughtfulness and love for us.  There are so many bigger things going on in the world and the fact that you are laying us on others' hearts is touching beyond explanation.  Second, I want to say thank you for the body you have given me.  Thank you for my health and the ability to walk, run, dance, sit, and everything in between.  Help me to quit focusing on my measurements according to this world and put my worth in you.  Thank you for loving me and creating me to be such a beautiful child in your eyes.  Thank you for my loving husband who sees my inner beauty.  May I be your servant today and further your kingdom.  In your name I pray, amen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment