Wednesday, January 9, 2013

DFD2 1/9/13

Where I am at today:

Spiritually: I'm still working on trusting him no matter how life's circumstances turn out.  I am focusing on trusting His will and plan for my life.

Physically: Today I am not as tired as I was yesterday, which is such a positive.  I am not sure how much I will "enjoy" my lunch simply because it is rather plain but, I know that the sacrifice is for good reason.

Mentally: I will be having dinner with a friend tonight who I know is going through a very difficult time in her life.  I want to be there for her to the best of my ability and be able to draw from my past experiences and share my testimony in order to help her.  I pray that I can be a supportive friend and a good listener.  I hope to be quick to listen and slow to speak. I also pray that I can find something on the menu that I can eat. :)

I am also so very proud of my husband for doing this fast.  I am so excited to see how God will work in his life and use him as an example of a Godly man and Godly husband to those around him.  He is such a blessing to me.  I am abundantly overjoyed when I think of him.  

Bible verses that I've come across:

Matthew 6:19-21
Don't store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal.  Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.  Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.  

Psalm 25:10
All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful.


Goal for the day:
I want to continually think, "While I may WANT ________ (fill in the blank with any savory food), I want GOD more."
I also want to focus on being there for my friend in the best way possible and honor God in the process.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, today I say thank you for the wonderful things you have done in my life.  Thank you for the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Thank you for my ability to be broken and your everlasting pursuit of my heart.  Father, today I pray that I glorify you in my actions in my relationships and in my friendships.  Lord, I ask that I be a better wife to my husband.  May I draw nearer to you, be more like you, and as a result, bring more love and hope to all my relationships.  Thank you.  Thank you for your love.  In your name I pray, amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment