Thursday, January 10, 2013

DFD3 1/10/13

Where I am at:

Spiritually: I feel God calling me to dig deeper.  Tonight is the first time I have small group for 2013 and we are reading the Bait of Satan.  Already in the first chapter I can tell that this book will be convicting.  It has revealed pride and offense in my life that I thought I had addressed.  I feel that God is calling me to draw nearer to Him through this process and letting me know that it will definitely be a refining study for my spiritual walk.

Physically:  Due to my fertility diet I had been losing weight and now that I am on the Daniel Fast I have plateaued.  While I realize that I am not on this fast for the physical benefits, I do know that due to my vanity and self image I am too concerned about my body image.  I need to remember this this is a fast to get my soul in shape, not my earthly body.

Mentally: In the past few days I have thought about a few people from my past.  Some who are Christians and some who are not.  For those that are Christian I am so grateful for the everlasting friendship we will have in Christ.  For those who are not, I have been praying for them and hoping that God will surround them with people that will be good influences on their souls.  

I also received a very kind reminder this morning about what a blessing it is to have support from a man of God in my marriage.  It was a good reminder that I shouldn't take it for granted and it is an incredible blessing to have the foundation of my marriage be Christ-centered. 

Bible Verses of the day:
1 Peter 1:15-16
But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy.  For the Scriptures say, "You must be holy because I am holy."

2 Corinthians 4:18
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

John 16:33
In this world you will have trouble.

Psalm 22:1
My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning?

Habakkuk 1:2
How long, O Lord, must I call for help, but you do not listen?

2 Kings 6:15-18
Then the Lord opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

Acts 17:28
For in him we live and move and have our being.  As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'

Goal for the day:
I want to release the focus on myself and my spiritual walk and focus on helping others.  I want my heart to break for people like God's heart breaks for them.  I want to feel the glory ache for Christ.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, today I pray that I stop focusing on myself.  I pray that I quit focusing on my experiences and life because father, I know that you are in charge and you are creating a path for me.  Lord, I ask that you break my heart for those around me.  Help me to be your light in darkness.  Help me to support fellow believers in their faith walk and be there for them during whatever they are struggling with.  Father, I'm so blessed to follow you and call you my Lord.  Help me to be more like you.  I pray that you help me keep this focus throughout the entire day.  In your name I pray, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment