Thursday, January 17, 2013

DFD10 (1/17/12)

Where I am at:
Spiritually: This morning I can feel that there is a battle going on.  There are so many people struggling right now and people that need prayer and I just pray that people see God's will prevail in all of their situations, good or bad.  I'm afraid that if people can't see the whole picture they might be worn out by the negative right now.  I'm trying to focus on the fact that God has a bigger plan in all of this and He is working in all of these situations, even if at times we can't feel him.

Physically: I didn't get to work out last night and it has effected my energy level today.  Yesterday was really a struggle being on the fast because all I wanted to do was eat something unhealthy for me.  I was reminded though about how good I do feel since eating healthy food and I enjoy feeling healthy again.

Mentally: My mind is going at 100 miles a minute today through everything from personal things to spiritual things to mundane daily tasks.  I'm praying for some quiet in my thoughts and I hope to focus on what Christ wants me to focus on today.  So far this morning I feel like I am being pulled in multiple different directions.

Bible Verses:
Philippians 2:14-16
Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you.  Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.  Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ's return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless.
-What an awesome reminder about doing things with the heart of God, not your own motivations.  Thank you, Lord for your timing.

1 John 3:21-23
Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask because we keep his commands and do what pleases him.  And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.

Goal: Be attentive to others needs without thinking about what is in it for me.  Do things in Christ's love and for no other reasons.
I also want to spend today focusing on praying for my husband and praying for our marriage.  We are not struggling by any means but I want to continue to keep our marriage rooted in Christ and the best place to start is in my heart and in prayer.  

Prayer:
Father, I lift up those that need prayer this morning and you know who they are and what they are struggling with.  Lord, I pray that when I go to help someone, pray with them, or lend them an ear, I do so out of Christ's love rather than my own motivations.  May you guide my path, my words and my heart all day today.  Let me be an example of your love and grace.  Lord, I also pray for my husband today.  May it be a day where he feels close to you all day and I pray that you speak to his heart.  Whatever he may need or be struggling with spiritually, I pray that you lend him your hand and direct his path.  Lord, I pray that I can be the best wife possible to him and serve him with a giving and loving heart.  Thank you for sharing him with me here on earth.  I am so blessed for it.  In your name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment